Pridham commenced on the current Peerless Foods site in Braybrook, in the 1890’s making sausage casings, meat meal for poultry, tallow and fertiliser.
The owner, William Pridham was a significant contributor to the local community having served as a councilor and mayor and was also on the committee who established the Prince Edward Hospital in the district.
The Grandstand at Maribrynong’s recreation reserve in Raleigh Road was named after William Pridham and as president of the reserve committee, he laid the foundation stone on the 6th June, 1935.
Peerless Foods was established in the 1950’s, specialising in rendering of animal by-products and manufacture of edible fats and oils. Growth in the 1980’s led to Peerless Foods acquiring the Pridham rendering business in 1982. In 1984 the company established a fully automated edible oil refinery to process edible animal fats and vegetable oils.
The company has invested substantially in its operations, including a major up-grade to the rendering plant.
Pridham is committed to quality, being one of the first rendering businesses in the world to have achieved ISO9002.